Saturday, December 01, 2007

recording session

After my friend Cassie sang at Miles' dedication this past summer, we offered to record her singing if she wanted a demo disk or just for fun.  Finally we were able to find a time to get together and do it.  John's studio is the perfect size for him, but add more people to the mix and it's pretty tiny.  I tried to get some shots but had minimal space and light. I was sitting out in the kitchen shooting most of the shots through a narrow slit in John's office french doors, so keep that in mind when perusing the shots. Btw, I LOVE Cassie's hair. I wish I knew how to wear headbands in the funky way she does.  
It was awesome to have our own little live concert in our home on a chilly Friday night.  We LOVE her voice and she writes her own music.  I just eat up creative people.  Oh, if you look closely, there's John in the upper left corner. 
Ok, how adorable is Cassie in these headphones?  Bless her heart, it was kind of a challenge to play the guitar part separately from the singing. She had to sit on her hands to keep from making noise when she sang.  Stamp came in and did some tap dancing on the plastic floor protector to help with the noise making.  That Stamp, she just has to be where the action is! 

I love that I was able to get the shot of her guitar like this and I was all proud of myself and then John said, "Yea, but she's just tuning, not playing."  Ugh! Leave it to a musician to notice that!  I was trying not to make her too uncomfortable by snapping a bunch of pics, so I tried to be quick.  I'll be shooting her again soon for a cover so I'll get another chance. ; )
Notice her beautiful engagement ring in this photo?  She just got engaged last week!  We are so excited for her and her fiance Jason because they are the sweetest couple.  Oh  my goodness I can't wait to see Cassie as a bride. She's going to take my breath away!  

When the CD is done, we will (with permission, of course) be posting her music.  She's so beatiful in so many ways. We love you Cassie!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are some of my favorite people in the entire world! friday night was so fun, i can't thank you enough for taking the time to record with me. it was such a blast. hopefully next time my voice will cooperate a little more.

i loved stamps tap dancing. :)

i was surprised you didn't blog about the little incident before we left your house :)

you are such a good photographer betsy, it kills me. i'm really excited for you to do our wedding!!

i'll email you about when a good time would be to get together!

Betsy King said...

We are TOTALLY excited about doing your wedding too. IT's going to be BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I started to write the story about the weird guys and I was too tired. I will post it though, it was too weird not too!

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how happy this entire situation makes me. How good is our God? How perfect are God's plans! I love you so much: Cassie, Bets, John, Jason, Miles, Stamp, Whisper.

Erin said...

Betsy- these look awesome!! (And you now have an intrigued blog reader- what weird guys incident?)

Cassie- I don't know you but Betsy recently shared the video of Miles' dedication with me and you voice is amazing- can't wait to get my hands on your CD. :)

Jessica said...

Ok, I am intrigued as well...do share the weird guys story! Bets - I would love to see the video of Miles dedication and hear Cassie's voice as well. I am guessing from the way you talked about her she is pretty amazing!