Tuesday, August 07, 2007

John's turn...

Check out John's blog at: www.mettaaudio.com for tonight's photos. He's also been blogging about music lately, so make sure he's in your favorite list of blogs to watch. : )

While John blogged and wrote music tonight, I went to Meijer for a late night and baby-free grocery run. I CAN'T STAND that store. I already loathe grocery shopping with a passion and then I found yet another reason to hate grocery shopping. John and I hardly ever have our acts together to use coupons and the last couple of times when we have used our coupons they have forgotten to scan them in and then stand there and say,"Sorry, guess you have to use the coupons next time." It happened again tonight and I had purchased a ton of soaps and other pricier stuff I had coupons for. They told me I just need to come back and have them take the coupons off some other time at the service desk. So I get to pay for their mistake. Sheesh. What a pain. If we had internet grocery shopping in this city I would be on that so quickly!

Other than that, things are going well here. He is such a good little guy. No more crying in the carseat and he's such a good sleeper. He's been going to bed at 8 at the earliest and 9 at the latest and sleeps until 7:30 or even sometimes 9. We are THRILLED at this schedule. THe only problem is I'm so busy with him during the day that once he is in bed, I stay up super late doing my own thing. I have to work really hard at somehow getting to bed earlier and just starting my day earlier.

So what's the latest thing that Miles has been doing? (You might be sorry you asked! Here I go!) Well, he sits on his own for like 20 seconds or so before falling over, his favorite thing to babble is, 'Ba, ba, ba, ba." He is still flipping from front to back, just a bit quicker and more deliberate now. He hasn't been scooting much, but if he gets motivated, he starts working on getting his butt up in the air and his knees on the floor to work on that first hint of a crawling position. He loves to watch his hands and he's definitly working on his pincher grasp and fine moter movements of his fingers. When he drops something, he looks around for it.

My mom got him this "God Loves Baby" book that comes with a little cloth baby doll on a string where you put the baby in all sorts of pockets and stuff. (sounds weird, but it's a really neat book.) Miles loves to twirl the baby and the string in all sorts of different directions and of course suck on it. EVERYTHING goes in his mouth right now. He passes things from hand to hand and pretty much is adorable all the time. The hardest thing about life with Miles right now is we haven't gotten past the spitting up phase. My friend Renee has gotten spit up on a MILLION times!!! Oh, and everybody keeps asking us about teeth. Well, NONE have popped up yet. He's still drooling and gnawing on everything so someday these teeth might make an appearance. Today he was a bit fussy and clingy, but teething hasn't been as nightmarish as I thought.

I better go. This is a busy week as we have Miles' dedication this weekend. It's just a small gathering with family, but still, lots to do. I will definitly blog all about the dedication next week. I am so blessed that my very good friend Amy Conner is home from Princeton this summer where she is in seminary. She will be performing the dedication ceremony and it's going to be so nice and personal for our family. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to share how it goes next week. In the meantime I need to clean the house (might just wait until Friday to do that!) and plan the food, etc.

Nighty Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Betsy, I know you get lots of advice and stories...but since Miles and Noah are related I thought I would share Noah's Teething Timeline with you. Noah was born on Sept 23rd and he didn't get his 1st tooth until July 4th. He was 9.5 months old. We were at the parade and he broke out in a really bad rash and I checked him all out and that's when I realized that he had popped out his 1st one. It's okay though...the longer they wait to teeth is the longer they have their baby teeth which means they will have really good adult teeth. Just thought I would share.

Anonymous said...

The spitting up should slow down as Miles eats more and more solids. Ari was my only spitter and we finally got that under control now that she is on solids.