Thursday, August 16, 2007

more on the big mommy & daddy bed...

As Miles has learned to sit up on his own, he has also been learning to fall down on his own. So I decided to sit him on our very soft bed to cushion his fall while I folded some laundry. Of course, as usual, it turned into a photo shoot that has filled three days full of blog pics. (How could I resist that great natural light coming in our windows?)


And down he falls....thankfully amongst the pillows.


Love that grin!

I thought I would grab a shot of Miles' whole body to show how long he is. (I usually focus on close ups.) He seems to be a long kid with a long torso like me. It will be interesting to see if he has John's long arms and legs too.

I couldn't get a picture of him all stretched out becuase he mostly likes to bring his toes up. This pose makes diaper changes an interesting challenge. ; )

Happy Friday everybody. It's 12:57 and I just got back from my friend Amy's house. She has been hosting the coolest bible study ever. (Yes, Bible study can be cool!) I need to send a HUGE thank you to Amy for being my social savior this summer. Everything Thursday I have put Miles to bed by 8:30 and then I head to her house for bible study at 9 PM. She invitied an awesome group of women who she says she chose becuase they have made heart centered choices in their lives. Wow, what an honor. We always started off with about a half an hour of chatting and then we would get in these great discussions until late into the night. I haven't gotten out to just do something for me much this summer, so this gathering has been guilt-free time to myself. John usually works on his stuff too while I'm away, so it's good time for him as well, I think. He is STILL up working on web stuff, by the way. Usually he is dead asleep when I get home and I wake him up from how hyper I am. Not tonight, we are both up and at 'em. I call these nights, Slumber party nights. We are so bad! We are going to be EXHAUSTED tomorrow!

No comments: