Sunday, August 12, 2007

Miles' Dedication

Saturday we held a dedication ceremony for Miles at our home. Instead of a traditional baptism or christening, we chose to have one of my best friends, Amy Conner, perform the ceremony. She is currently in seminary at Princeton and she is someone who I have always looked to during important times of my life to help make them even more special. Amy spoke so beautifully during the ceremony and then had everyone in the room gather around me, John and Miles to lay hands on Miles and pray for him. (Stamp made sure she got in there too, of course!) Then everyone laid hands on me and John to pray for us as we parent Miles. I can't describe how wonderful it felt to have everyone pray for us like that and to take the time to celebrate Miles in that way.

A friend of ours, Cassie, came as well with her boyfriend to sing and she was absolutely beautiful. She actually was one of my cheerleaders I coached many years ago and I have gotten reacquainted with her during a bible study I have been attending. She is such a neat young woman and her voice is beautiful. The minute she started to sing, I couldn't help but cry and there wasn't a dry eye in the room. It was a very small gathering with just mostly family, but I would love to share a little video "scrapbook" of the day with you.

It is a short video of Cassie singing with photos of the day blended in. You will notice, at the end, we chose to show how tired we were once the party was over. ; ) I added a couple photos of the gifts we got as well, including an adorable handmade lamb from the Zabels and a neat glass thermometer that was Grandpa Smith's. Thank you to John for capturing all of this for me. Instead of writing music today, he made this video.



Thank you so much to Amy Conner and Cassie Paino for helping make that day so special for us. Thank you to everyone who came and for those of you who couldn't make it, I know you were there in spirit.

No comments: