Sunday, September 02, 2007

sunday slump and sniffles

Still no camera, so no new pics. We have been missing our camera like a fat kid misses cake.

We have been complete dead beats this weekend. Inspiring, huh? Every now and then John and I get a sense of overwhelmed apathy going on. Where you have so much to do that all you can do is loaf around. We are currently trying to drag ourselves out of that funk.

Miles has decided that getting a runny nose might be a good way to bolster our spirits. So, as always, the clueless first time parents are watching him like a hawk. There has been much speculation on where Miles could have gotten a cold bug, if he is allergic to some type of weed, or it was even speculated that perhaps he was bitten by a mosquito and this is the first warning of the west nile virus. Yes, we are a family of raging hypochondrics.

Despite MIles' attempts, the runny nose did not help our mood. So we went to Jefferson Pointe for a bit of fresh air and some window shopping. We ended up getting a nifty little food processor for my new experiement in baby food making. Strangly enough, after two weddings, I have managed somehow to avoid getting a food processor. The price range of food processors is rather rediculous so in an effort to make sure my KitchenAid mixer didn't get all low self esteem on me, we went for the $50 one. It's actually pretty cool. It is an immersion blender that has a couple of extra attachements too. It's nice and quiet too, which is great becuase the blender scares the daylights out of Miles. Man, does this make me old that I get excited about appliances? Well, I guess I would only feel old if John tried to make this count as our anniversary gift. (Sorry John!)

John was thrilled to test out my new toy and even made a milkshake for us.

Well, I'm sure this was the world's more boring blog. We will get our camera back soon and I'll stop just putting images of random crap on here. ;)

Oh, I will give one more bit of an update. Miles is starting to do that rocking back and forth thing on all fours, so this crawling business is starting to snowball and we are afraid. Very afraid!!! Oh my goodness, I totally forgot to mention that today is Miles' SEVENTH month birthday!! I have a feeling that now that we are over the 6 month hump things are really going to start happening quickly.

Happy Labor day tomorrow. Enjoy!

No comments: