Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wenesday Randomness

I was still pretty sick today, so my mom came and watched Miles for a while while I rested. Here's me and Miles after a very long afternoon nap. Miles was on a nap strike for a while, but his 3 hour nap is back. YESSSSS!

Miles' shirt says "Smart as a fox." Isn't that cute? No pressure though.... ; ) Daddy snapped this photo when he was done with work. Yea! We love that John has a 2 second commute home!

Here Miles eyes a piece of food. He's waiting for jussssst the right time to go get it.

I spoke with Lutheran Hospital's nutritionalist last week in my ever constant need to obsess over raising Miles and she told me I should get some baby "puffs" for Miles to practice his pincher grasp and hand eye coordination. Puffs are like cherrios, but they disolve in the mouth better. Though the organic ones are bigger and harder compared to the Gerber ones. Though Gerber puts a bunch of junk in theirs. Oh well... I'm not a big fan of processed foods for baby, but a puff here and there can't kill him. (Now it sounds like I'm talking about smoking, and every puff DOES matter, but that's another story.) Plus, it's not like too many are actually getting into his mouth at this point. Regardless, it's been a nice time killer when he's ready for dinner and I'm still working on getting his food around.

The best thing that we have been using when Miles is done eating, but we want to sit and eat dinner is to give Miles some fruit in his teething feeder. That thing is AWESOME, albiet a bit messy and difficult to clean. The only problem is the instructions with the feeder says to use frozen fruit, but our nurse said frozen food can cause frostbite on their lips. I have used frozen pear and banana and he LOVES it. So what's your consensus?
Today Miles discovered a loose knob on our armoire upstairs. In our very shoddy attempt at baby proofing, that knob went unnoticed. Miles found it and turned it clean off the armoire! Here he is peaking around the corner, waiting for me to turn my back.

Hmmmm...that looks like something fun.

Yep, just as I thought...there are some loose screws around here.

Shoot! Mom caught me with the knob. I bet I can find some more trouble to get into....


I need to get to bed. I have a verrry busy couple of days coming up. I want to get the house nice and clean (ha! ok, not filthy would be a good start) so I can focus on packing for our upcoming trip. Plus, we have our anniversary this weekend and John gets to be Mr. Mom while I attend a wedding shower on Saturday. Wish me luck that I pack well. This is my first trip with all three of us and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the shear mass of stuff we have to take. I'm thankful I'm feeling better though and Miles' cold seems to be just about done too. I need to get to bed, sleep is a big part of getting better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the first picture his hair appears to be getting darker. Maybe it's the lighting. What a cute sequence of photos with the knobs. Love it. I would think a small amount of frozen food would be fine.

Anonymous said...

He sure looks deep in concentration looking at the food! How long did he stay like that? Too cute!