Monday, July 09, 2007

Mears Visit

My friends Jason and Jen and their son Evan came for a very special visit last week. I grew up next door to Jen and pretty much lived at her house for a majority of my childhood. She, along with her sister Susan, spent every summer with me in my backyard pool. We had a great childhood together. She now lives in Maryland, but I'm blessed she comes and visits often and makes time for us. Her son was born just ten days before Miles so we spent out pregnancies sharing our fears, discomforts, awe and even our complete cluelessness for what was ahead. Now we get to navigate this world of parenting together too and it's been so nice to be on the same path with her. (and let her lead the way!)

I'm looking forward to watching Miles grow right along with Evan. Perhaps someday I could be so lucky that we could somehow find our way to be neighbors again. I better keep dreaming though, because unless I move near a major university for her husband's work, it probably won't happen! : ( Oh well, there's always the internet and holidays.

So here are a couple pics of their reunion at our house. Miles didn't nap very well that day and was exhausted so he was in "zone-out" mode. Evan was totally awake though and happy to meet our little guy.




p.s. Don't forget to vote for your favorite picture below if you already haven't.

No comments: