Monday, July 23, 2007

New Patio: Day 1



We are having a new stamped concrete patio installed in our backyard and this is how it looks so far. Tomorrow they will be pouring the cement. Have you ever seen stamped concrete? They use dyes in the concrete and then they stamp a texture into the concrete, add some more pigment for character on top and then finish it with a sealer. I'm excited to see what tomorrow brings on the project! We are also excited to finally have a nice space to enjoy family and friends outside in our backyard. So far, we have just had a trampoline and a couple folding chairs. So this will be a HUGE improvement.

Anybody know of any good clearance sales on patio furniture going on? so far, I've only seen a random table and a few mis-matched chairs left in stock. So I'll have to keep my eyes open. Otherwise, we'll just wait until next year to have a table and chairs.

Oh, one more thing. We have a gaggle of boys who live in the cul-de-sac behind our house and last night they decided to camp out in the back yard. I'm always up late and I noticed that even at 1 AM I could see the glow of flashlights from their tent. Well, imagine their surprise to wake up at 8 AM with the sound of our concrete patio slab being sawed and dug out! They looked so sleepy as they lumbered out of their tents and back into the house. Bless their hearts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My little brother does concrete stampings. It will look awesome. He stained our basement floor and sealed it. I can't wait to see it.