Monday, November 12, 2007

I won!

I'm on this web forum for cloth diapering moms and for the month of October they had a big photography contest. It was less of a photography contest and more like a photography scavenger hunt. Like finding something that pertained to a certain theme and then snapping a photo of it in your house. (Yep, it's a bunch of stay at home mom's addicted to the net.) They had lots of contests where you could just pick a photo from your collection too. There was a new contest every day and over the span of the month I won three times including the grand prize! The Grand prize was worth $200 and the other prizes were worth around $60 or so, so it was exciting to win. I didn't think I had a chance at all so when I started winning I was really pumped.

The prizes ranged from gift cards to baby web stores, lotions and accessories like bags. Of course the prize I really wanted were some funky new types of diapers and I think in all I'll get about 5 new ones. I just used one of my gift cards tonight to get a custom made chocolate brown cloth diaper (how approriate considering what's going on in the diaper) with a lining of cartoon monkeys in diapers in the inside. It's going to be really cute. I got some baby legs too (baby leg warmers) and I CAN'T wait to do a photo shoot with Miles wearing those. Just had to share a pleasant surprise that happened today.

I'll post a photo shoot with our funky new goodies soon, I promise! Yippee! I love waiting for mail to come! Thanks for listening to me babble on and on about this!

I've been processing photos all week (when I can hop on the mac) so I'll be posting more from the weekend shoot soon. John has a BIG deadline coming up so the mac is all his lately. Wish him luck, this is a crazy time of year for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Bets! Miles would win any contest in my book. Love you, Pen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Betsy! Your talent is paying off, sister. -- Amy Conner

Leslie said...

Hi Betsy!
I followed your blog link from Me Ra's site. I swear I'm not a stalker, I'm just so excited to hear how you know about Me Ra. :) Here's my e-mail address, which I forgot to leave on my post addressed to you on Me Ra's blog. lwebber76@yahoo.com