Thursday, November 15, 2007

Miles is still here!



Poor Miles hasn't been getting very much blog time now that I have been doing some photo shoots. Trust me, once the Christmas card rush is over, I'm sure I'll be back to my one and only favorite blog subject again. ; )

Here's a little update on our guy. He had his 9 month appointment last week and all is going well. He weighs 20.5 lbs. and is 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for lenght. I remember pre-baby that I thought this age was my least favorite. I found it to be a slobbery, wiggly time with much shrieking. However, now that I'm actually living with it, it's SUCH a fun age! Yep, there is slobbering, wiggling and the occasional shriek, but it's a blast. Our pediatrician told us she could finally tell us it's her favorite age under one becuase there is such an innocent mischieviousness about 9 month olds. They are so curious and into everything but aren't really defiant. That much. Yet. ; ) Our pediatrician had clued us in on some VERRY helpful tips getting Miles to sleep for naps and bedtime and within a week, actually within two days we have seen major results. He is napping consistantly and we had had some bedtime issues, but we are back on track, despite good old daylight savings time, and it's been great.

Miles is zooming around crawling, he can go up one stair, but thankfully isn't too interested. He cruises around furniture out of neccesity, but I think he's so impressed with crawling that walking just doesn't interest him. He's babbeling up a storm and of course, clapping. It's a fun time becuase he likes to mimic us and dance to music. The kid loves water too. If I'm holding Miles and holding a glass of water, never fails, his hand PLUNGES into the water and he's having a blast. In the tub the kid is every where and i couldn't believe it, but he actually leans down and pops his face under water and then pops it back up. He has even been blowing bubbles. I have spent entire summers trying to get a kid to stick his face in the water so I hope this sticks. We always said we would start swimming lessons as soon as we could, but we are such babies. John and I are too freaked out at how FREEZING the water is at the pools. (They keep it cold so the lap swimmers don't overheat.) We are seriously that wimpy. So for now, we are teaching water exploration, level 1, fully clothed from the comfort of our bathroom.

Well, here it begins. I'm a mom going on and on about her kid. Ok, I'm shutting up! The only people still tuned in are probably the grandparents! We love the daylights out of Miles if you can't tell.

BTW, I CAN'T BELIEVE Thanksgiving is next week. I'm kind of in denial of it. I'm SO going to be the idiot stuck at an insanly packed Mejier at ten PM trying to find cool whip and forced to buy the low fat crap because I have waited to the last minute. Ahhhhh. I love the holidays! I'm hoping having Miles will bring out the "spirit" in me because I'm just not into it this year!

Wow, that was grouchy. Perhaps I shoud try sleep. Nighty night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I've been missing the updates on Miles. Hope to see you guys soon! Love ya!

joeyandaleethea said...

I loved your post, not boring at all! My son is 18 mos now and WOW what a difference from 9 mos ago. I remember the twice a day naps and the not running in and out of every room in the house all day long. hehe. It's definitely fun now...but just not as calm as it once was. :) Your little guy is adorable. Thanks for visiting my blog - I'll eMail you with the answer to your question.