Wednesday, November 14, 2007

the shoup family

When we arrived, Braden was excited to show us his tractor. His Grandpa, who lives next door on this really cool farm, has the real thing. It's been months since I have seen Braden, but he is so outgoing that he just opened right up to us right away. I can't even tell you how sweet these kids are.

I could tell when Molly opened the door that Kenna wasn't having the greatest afternoon. I had been there a couple weeks ago myself with our own photo shoot.
Look at this precious face! I love that you can see her two little teeth.
The shoups have THE perfect set up for raising children. Grandpa's farm next door and a sweeeet swingset in the backyard. Nothing is as cool as Lightning McQueen though!
Braden was playing the quickest game of peek a boo ever here. It's a miracle I caught it! Thank goodness I did because his face is precious here!


Braden LOVES riding on the tractor with his Grandpa. Here are just a couple we captured.




Bless little Kenna's heart. We were supposed to do this shoot right after her nap time this past Sunday. But it was the yuckiest rainy day ever. So we showed up right after school at 4PM. I knew we would need to work fast because little ones get HUNGRY the closer to 5 you get and sure enough, she was struggling. So I took that opportunity to snag a shot of Dave and his little guy. By the way, I was in the same first grade class with Dave! It's so amazing to look back and remember someone that long ago and then see them all grown up with a beautiful family today. A hidden blessing of living in the same city your whole life. : )

Today started out to be a beautiful day, but as we approached their house the clouds started rolling in. It was some pretty tough shooting conditions for rookies like us. Oh, and it kept changing too! It dropped temperature pretty quickly as well. We all had teary eyes and runny noses by the end of the shoot. That farm has the most amazing photographic possibilties so we hope to return next spring when everybody has a full belly, rested and it's about 20-30 degrees warmer!

Thanks for letting us take a peak into your sweet little world Dave and Molly. We can't wait to come back! (hint-hint!)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Betsy- This is Jessica...Olivia's Mom (the ladybug) from the breastfeeding group. You take amazing pictures! Do you do it on a regular basis? I am looking for someone to take 1 year photos of Olivia ASAP! Would you be interested in talking? Let me know! Thanks!