Wednesday, October 17, 2007

enjoying dinner out on the patio



People who don't even know John have told me that just by looking at his photo they can tell that he is the sweetest guy ever. Here's one of those shots that shows that he is just that.
I got lucky and a little sunbeam decided to come along and light up a few wisps of Miles' hair.
Off he goes! That child can crawl fast too!


No photos of me tonight. I have a coldsore the size of Manhatten. UGH. We are having Bobbi & Mike take our photos on Friday too. Story of my life!

Today I did two things that are quite daunting to me. Shoe shopping (Daunting because I have duck feet.) and shopping with Miles. I love taking Miles out with me, it's just half my brain is focused on Miles and the other half is trying to find something cute to wear. That is totally daunting because I really haven't shopped for clothes since the winter of 2006 when I wasn't pregnant and expanding plus I was still working and had fun money. I HAD to get shoes today though because the pair of flats I have been wearing forever literally felt like dusty old paper sacks around my feet. Yuck! So by the time I got to the 8th store today, Miles wasn't feeling the love for the stroller so I did what I call contact shoe shopping. I let Miles crawl around on the floor while we waited for the shoes to come, then as I tried each shoe on I carried Miles around the store swinging him or rocking him in my arms. Needless to say, it was a workout, but actually fun. Miles was great and such a good sport. I just had fun with it and took the million years it takes to buy shoes and in the end, I bought two pairs to take home to mull over when I could give the decision my full brain. BTW, both pairs of shoes are ugly as all get out. I'm a stay at home mom with wide feet. Ugh. So that means comfortable, practicle and goes with as many things as possible. So those of you who are still working and have tiny cute feet, wear your beautiful heels for me! Lord knows I can't!

Otherwise we are having a great week. John is loving the freedom of owning his own business! John has found that he works so much harder and at the end of the day he feels really good about it. I can totally see that. I remember growing up that I was inspired (once) to really clean my room. I was just getting ready to pick up my first toy when my mom popped her head in and disgusted said, "Clean your room!" She killed my desire to clean my room and I was so pissed the entire time I was cleaning. (Wow, I was a brat!) I think it can be that way when we are adults. Even though John is doing a lot of the same work, I'm sure it feels different when you get to tell yourself to do something, instead of hearing someone else tell you how and when. Yea for you John!

No comments: