Friday, October 19, 2007

fun foto friday

Since this blog is a lot of writing, I thought I would satiate certain Grandmas out there with a pic, even if it is mostly Stamp. I had to include this pic because it so shows how one of the pugs is always near by.
Today we had our photoshoot with Bobbi & Mike. I have been wanting some photos of me AND John with Miles as we have lots of us seperatly. We were so excited to see them again, experience a shoot with them and glean a bit of their photography knowlege. John got to do most of the gleaning, as I was busy managing Miles. They showed up around 9 AM and I had been a bit worried that Miles would be really sleepy during the shoot. I didn't want to jinx things by changing the schedule, so I just hoped for the best. (When ever I try to micro manage, it works against me, so I went with the flow.) I'm usually against stuffy outfits for babies, denim especially, but of course, for today I put him in a rugby shirt and denim overals, pretty much the most uncomfortable thing I could find for him and it showed. The first half the shoot he seeemed sleepy, annoyed and only interested in putting toys in his mouth obscuring the view of his adorable face.

Bobbi saved the day when she mentioned stripping him down to his diaper and putting him on our bed. That busted right through his cranky mood (along with a little snack) and the shoot took on a whole different mood. We had the whole family, plus the pugs, on the bed and I think they got some good shots. I haven't really seen them yet, just a couple images on the viewfinder on the camera, but I'm sure they were the bomb.

We took some shots walking the pugs with Miles in the carrier too. That's such a big part of our life right now that I really wanted to capture it. We had so much fun with Bobbi and Mike. They are so real, which is my #1 quality I look for in people. One of the neat things about Bobbi and Mike is that they are these sweeeet photographers, very in-demand with 53 weddings this past year (!!!) but they are totally open with giving us photography tips and what we would consider ancient chinese secrets. (Ok, maybe not chinese or neccesarily ancient, but I am such a nerd I had to say it that way.)

Here's one of the examples of something we learned from her today. Here is a photo John took of me last week...
..and here is with a little help to make the colors come alive.


another example of before:

and after...

one more...

(John is SUCH a cutie!)

Mike had to practically drag Bobbi away as they had another shoot to get to and we couldn't stop trying to pick her brain. I can't wait to see them again and if I ever get to Indy again, they are just one more couple I am dying to go visit. (Along with the Aurands, Pages, Zables and Dr. Rushings. Man, I just need to move to Indy!)

After they left I had to immediatly get on John's Mac and play, play, play in photoshop. Oh man I want my own mac and a bunch of new photo processing software soooooo badly!!!

Thank you to Bobbi and Mike for being so awesome, so giving of your talent and so patient with our little guy. I better get a spring session booked up with you before you will be too famous for us little people! ; ) Bobbi and Mike have been SLAMMED with weddings lately, so it will probably be a little while until the photos are posted, but you will all be the first to know. I really hope we got good shots despite my cold sore and perpetual bad hair day.

No comments: