Thursday, October 11, 2007

it's late and I shouldn't be blogging.

(Disclaimer: Quick upload tonight, so my photo processing isn't the greatest.)

The expected caption here would be, "Miles loves books!" or "Books are yummy!" But I"m not that predictable. Well, at least I wish I wasn't so predictable. I can't think of another caption. So that's the best I've got.

I wish I would have captured Miles giving a cool expression because the light was so nice here, but he was just looking out the window. I like how the light has captured his eyes though.
Stamp LOVES Miles and here she is, standing close by as always. It's hilarious and sometimes rather annoying. They don't seem daunted that Miles has started to grab their flappy skin.


My mom came over to watch Miles tonight while we went out with some friends for dinner. She came a little early, so we had some time to kill. We stopped by this international bakery that I have always been wanting to go to and to our surprise found Fort Wayne's own Willy Wonka of baked goods. The place was amazing! They were all freshly made pastries of many ethnic origins and good old fashioned US of A doughnuts. We were starving so we promptly filled a bag for our breakfast tomorrow. They even had these cool day of the dead little candy/pastry things, which I think are used to honor the dead. I have always thought that the Day of the Dead is a really cool Mexican Tradition. I wish American culture could embrace death and grief in the same way. We, as a culture, handle it terribly. But I digress! Here's a quick photo before our dinner with friends, which, by the way, was kind of weird. We went to the Italian Connection and the owner, bless his soul, sang Frank Sinatra tunes on Karaoke most of the evening. It would have been great had he not been right next to us so we had to shout.

That's it for now. I need to go to bed. I have been keyed up all week and staying up late. How do I break that cycle? Ugh!

No comments: